Pages

Tuesday 8 January 2019

I can't work here anymore

I can't work here anymore, I am leaving at possibly the perfect time but it could be argued that I went a year or possibly two longer than I should have. That being said, I knew I would return from leave after the Christmas break for just a week, or maybe two of work before I begin my new employment - that's enough.


I cannot believe how my former colleague was treated on his final work day, he will be on leave for the next two months before he actually retires but he won't be working another day - this was his last day of actual work. Another one received an earful of abuse, this is not how you treat people and it was difficult to listen to.

I always believe you should firstly secure your next employment before you relinquish your position. Fortunately, I was able to do precisely that and now I have the Christmas/New Year’s period to get set up for my next role. So now I am off to pre-employment medicals, immunisations and sorting out tax details. I feel better already, the stress I was feeling lifted and the overall feeling of relief is just amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment