Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2019

A terrible insult

The most pathetic insult I have witnessed in my working career is the snub of my former colleague on the last day of his employment. After 47 years of service he didn't rate a mention at our Christmas party despite a gift and speech for another retiree who was retiring with less service than me.


I couldn't believe it, I am gobsmacked, all the old retirees were there yet they couldn't even spare a word for a guy on his retirement day after 47 years of service. Technically he hasn't yet retired, he has started leave for the next two months and won't be returning to work, this was his last day of work. This was also my last day of work, I was embarrassed and I won't ever forget this snub - this was the ultimate insult.

No comments:

Post a Comment