Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

Facebook comments

I have my Facebook newsfeed set up with news stories from around the world with sites including the BBC, Al Jazeera, The New York Times, The Straits Times, The Australian, The Sydney Morning Herald, The Jakarta Post, Bangkok Post and Reuters just to name a few.


What I have learned is firstly never read the comments sections on these reputable news sites as they are inundated by morons. Then secondly, if you are stupid enough to read the comments section, under no circumstances make a comment as you will be a target for these horrible trolls whose sole purpose in life is to attack other people through the anonymity of their fake profiles.

I have heeded neither of these principles and time and time again I feel I have lost a little brain power after reading some of these people’s comments. Sure I tell myself I am researching people's views to assist me with blog posts, I like to try to view all aspects of an argument.

However, after reading the vast majority of the comments sections, I feel the education system has let these people down. Surely these people are not serious, then they attack each other with abuse and bullying behaviour. I stupidly stumble into these comments section and let myself down by firstly commenting and secondly replying to their pathetic responses - no more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment