Pages

Thursday 15 October 2020

Pyjamas down the coffee shop

I was hanging out down the coffee shop in Lapu Lapu on Mactan Island and was astounded to see two relatively young women wander into Civet Coffee and order take away coffees.


Normally Philippine women are very particular about their appearance, so you could imagine my surprise when they entered the shop in their pyjamas. Maybe this is the new chic? This is maybe now the new standard in going out attire.

I am seeing this trend in western countries so I am guessing this is beginning to become the norm here. There isn't any shopping malls in this area, an unusual occur acne for the Philippines but this is the hotel district so I would expect designer shops attached to the apartments and hotels.

These two women were fairly young, attractive and I am guessing reasonably well off financially. I am guessing they have either picked up on this trend when travelling or at the very least by following the activities that the young set now are aligned. Either way, they pulled it off, they dressed down in public in their and turned heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment