Pages

Tuesday 13 October 2020

A day in Cologne

It was a Saturday around 1 pm and we had just rolled into Cologne from Frankfurt after a two-hour train journey. As it was a day trip, a two-hour return trip awaited us, I was ok with that, I actually enjoy train trips.


Wandering out of the train station I was not expecting the sheer number of people hanging around the square on this fine Saturday afternoon. There was plenty to see and do, I never really saw Cologne as a tourist destination and I saw Cologne in a new light.

I had been to Cologne about 15 years earlier for a series of business meetings, I had viewed the city somewhat differently because of that primary reason why I was initially in this city. This trip, I saw Cologne from a totally different perspective and I’m glad I did, it was a beautiful day, that certainly helped.

I had expected to wander around Cologne for the day, it would be pretty quiet with not too many people, well, I got this one wrong. I really liked Cologne as a day trip, there was plenty to se and do, I could see myself going back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment