Pages

Thursday 1 August 2019

When an espresso makes sense

I love an espresso, more so a double espresso to really add some volume to what is a small beverage. I like a strong espresso, Italian style where you can stand a spoon up in it, I am unhappy if they try to pass it off in a cardboard cup. 


If I am out at a cafe by myself then I am happy to purchase an espresso and pull out my tablet, notebook computer or a book to get some work done. When overseas in Asia, the American coffee chains dominate so I can't drink that river water they serve up so an espresso is my only option.

However, if I am out with someone and they are drinking a flat white, long black, cappuccino or latte then it is pointless me sitting around for them to drink their coffee as my espresso is long gone. Italian style is great, an espresso leaning against the coffee bar and off, the truest application of an espresso coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment