Pages

Saturday 3 August 2019

Cruising at 39,000 feet

Sitting in my reclining seat looking out the window at 39 thousand feet flying from Frankfurt to Dubai, it was amazing to look down at all the cities over the landmass that we were flying. 


The Airbus A-380 is a comfortable aircraft from a passenger perspective. Whilst airlines are looking at newer smaller aircraft manufactured from composite materials leading to amazing fuel efficiency, the A-380 remains a passenger favourite - it is certainly mine.

Flying to South East Asia from Australia at night, it is usually dark unlit ocean I can see from the safety of my window. Even at my age, I am still excited at seeing such sights, I never grow tired of this.

The interlinked cities and commercial centres are of special interest, I wonder how cities are formed and maintained. Sure, the European cities date back to the middle ages and before but I am interested in the industries and commercial centres over this region.

Now the half moon appears above the port wing, this just keeps getting better. I am halfway through one of those jedi movies so I don't switch over to the flight tracking screen straight away, I will pick up the tracking at the end of the movie as I like the soundtrack.

I will play it to the end. I notice they gave special reference to Carrie Fisher at the end so I'm guessing this was the movie where she died whilst the movie was still in production. The London Philharmonic Orchestra is pretty special, such complex pieces, orchestral music doesn't need to be old fashioned, it is modern and fresh.

We flew over Turkey, onto Iraq and over Kuwait before my window went dark again as we were flying over the Persian gulf at mach 0.84 before crossing over Bahrain, Qatar and descending into the United Arab Emirates. As I looked out the port window I'm guessing I was looking at Iran as the flight path followed the Iraq/Iran border.

No comments:

Post a Comment