Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Moving to the Congo

I landed this amazing job in the Democratic Republic of Congo, I am overjoyed and loving the honeymoon period. I actually enjoyed waking up and going to work as the job was fun and challenging.


Sure, I get up early but it isn't that difficult. I was in a cycle of staying up late, I went to bed after midnight and got out of bed at 6 am so the best I could hope for is six hours sleep. I was tired, it was a habit I had difficulty breaking, it was detrimental to my health.

These days I am up at 4 am, I wait for the mess to open at 4:30 am and on my way to work at 4:45 am. I am in bed at 8:30 in the evening by the latest so I actually increase my sleep by an hour and a half to two hours.

I didn’t take this job to improve my sleep prospects, I took this job to improve my job prospects, save for my retirement and improve the lives of those whom I interact with. So where to from here? I want to rebuild my contacts, networking is the key for me so I have options moving forward in uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment