Pages

Thursday 27 June 2019

Pressure to meet quotas

Whilst understood, there isn’t too many businesses I have been involved with that doesn’t place timeframes on employees. There is an argument that tight schedules increases productivity but naturally increases stress at work, this is only feasible for short term projects as it tends to burn people out over the longer term.


So where does that leave us? I work in the engineering maintenance department on a copper and cobalt mine and our project based maintenance work requires tight timeframes and budgets. You need to find creative solutions to solve problems within budgetary frameworks and tight schedules.

Now I understand that I am viewing this from my own perspective and I would like to work in a job where I had neither financial or time constraints - but I don't. I would like to know who does and how they are able to produce a service or product in a business without any of these factors - now that would be a good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment