Pages

Tuesday 11 June 2019

Nespresso and illy

When I think of a business partnership that can deliver value, I think of illy and Nespresso. Both are coffee suppliers and in competition with each other, but really in differing key markets.


Firstly, illy is a supplier of coffee beans to reputable cafes, their branding is well known and sought after. Also, illy coffee is able to be purchased by the container and consumed in your home coffee maker.

This would boost the exposure of illy in key consumer markets and tie the product to a reputable distributor with scale and coverage. Living in Perth, I really lack the opportunity to purchase illy coffee from a reliable source. On my trips to South East Asia, I have better opportunities to drink illy espresso than I do in Perth.

I can purchase illy beans from my local supermarket; however, I have long retired my Delonghi coffee machine for the convenience of Nespresso pods. They have a reasonable selection along with a reliable coffee machine without the hassle of disposing of coffee grounds.

Now, I just wait for the announcement of illy teaming up with Nespresso. Nespresso comes up with Limited Editions on a constant basis, an illy Limited Edition would be a pretty decent combination and a unique sales promotion.

1 comment: