Pages

Saturday 15 June 2019

Fitting the stereotype

Back in 2015 I wrote a post about why talent leaves and non-performers remain, the inspiration for this post was about a woman whom I wished to remain anonymous. I admired her self belief, her inner confidence and her courage to take a huge risk with her career to back herself in to a senior role.


I always knew she was talented, hard working and resourceful; she had leadership potential and all she needed was the right people to notice. I reposted this on my Facebook page as she had moved on again to a higher position and I wanted to remind her that I recognised her talent back then.

I have also changed roles, so naturally my former colleagues saw this as a slight on themselves and I was back on the most hated list. I care little of their small-minded narrow views; had they even taken the time to read the post they would have worked out the publishing date was four years ago.

Attention to obvious detail, limited research skills and a small degree of comprehension would have informed this bunch of egotists this post wasn't written about them. Instead they would rather sit around the office gossiping about something they know nothing about.

What really made me laugh was I checked the analytics and there was a single redirection of this post from my Facebook page from that geographical location. I could count the page views from Australia so I knew they hadn't even read the post themselves.

It is true, I do lack respect for my former colleagues, I find little redeeming qualities in them. Maybe they need to go back to watching YouTube videos all day and stop gossiping about topics where they are clearly out of their depth.

I might not have written the post about them but clearly they believe they fit the stereotypical government employee - for once, they may actually be right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment