Pages

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Making cool uncool

So after a trip to Hong Kong, I decided to purchase myself a pair of Adidas Stan Smith as I used to wear the Adidas brand to school as a teenager. It appears white sneakers are back in vogue again and they were pretty popular in Hong Kong.


My seventeen year old nephew disagrees, he thinks I purchased the most generic sneaker around; with his Asics Get Lyte III, he apparently knows cool. In fact, I get the distinct impression that I just may have made cool uncool in his eyes. He is probably right, I am pushing fifty after all so I fall slightly outside the brand's market segment. An old bugger trying to remain cool in his own eyes when he wasn't ever cool to start off with probably isn't a great look. But what do I care? The older you get the less you care about other people's views anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment