Pages

Saturday 28 October 2017

A November graduation

So my online studies have come to an end, my course ended at the completion of the second trimester 2017 after beginning in the first trimester 2015. Before that, I had undertaken a Bachelor of Training & Development beginning in 2012 and ending in 2014. So I really feel this has been pretty much non-stop study during that time over two qualifications.


I really didn't think I could complete another trimester of study, I was totally spent and I just had enough. I had taken a three month break in mid 2014 before taking on a further unit and then starting the master's degree. That's way too much study over a prolonged period and I now have to turn this into a career positive in a depressed employment market.

One positive being in the training sector is consulting with industry representatives directly or indirectly through industry associations and advisory boards. The general consensus is that economic indications are tending to see a mild recovery leading to a mild hiring increase of trainees and apprentices in the technical fields. I am also receiving sms notifications on my phone from labour hire contractors offering employment opportunities.

I really need to generate opportunities and need to be a little creative as the recovery is soft and still in the early stages. We have now seen the bottom of the downturn and the tentative recovery is looking positive. So I will be booking flights to Adelaide so pick up my certificate but the real reason is to network with my classmates so as to generate leads for future employment opportunities. Now it is time for me to get serious and get out there and make the last two and a half years count.

No comments:

Post a Comment