Pages

Tuesday 10 October 2017

Paradise lost

This is the famous Kuta Beach after some stormy weather; this is not the image the Indonesian authorities would like to be released to the world - you can't really blame them for that.


It is clear it wasn't worth getting in the water, yet plenty of people are more than happy to swim in this ecological disaster - I have no idea why.


Walking on the beach is hazardous, the number of syringes I saw washed up in the rubbish is appalling, large numbers of drug addicts randomly discarding their needles on the beach is a bio-hazard, this issue needs to be addressed.


Surfing through the rubbish, I ask myself - why would you come here and surf in the rubbish dump? The fact that Kuta Beach is a top surfing destination is still a mystery to me, yet people arrive daily in their droves.

No comments:

Post a Comment