Pages

Thursday 19 October 2017

The Rolex Yacht-Master II

I was somewhat interested in the Rolex Yacht-Master II, not as a timepiece for myself but more as an example of quality engineering linked to one of my favourite pastimes - racing yachts. So during my research of this masterful timepiece, I took a peek at the price and nearly collapsed. The Rolex website lists the Oyster 44 mm steel and Everose gold Yacht-Master II at $31,950 AUD - whoa.


Whilst I never held any ambitions of owning a new Yacht-Master II, during an internet search I was able to find the cheaper all steel model at the bargain price of $23,650 AUD with the yellow gold model pushing what I thought was the upper limits at $55,250 AUD. Well, that was until I viewed the white gold and platinum model at an outrageous price of $61,050 AUD and I really started to feel giddy. Nonetheless, I see the Yacht-Master II as a stunning example of the Rolex brand and even if I owned one I would never wear it on the boat as too many opportunities for it to be snatched from my wrist by getting tangled in a sheet only to lose it overboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment