Pages

Saturday 3 August 2013

Pizza Bella Napoli - Sabang

Located on Center Street, a small lane in the heart of Sabang is Pizza Bella Napoli, a wonderful Italian pizza restaurant with exquisite décor situated on the first floor facing towards the lane. The balcony overlooks the lane between local businesses, two small tables face onto the balcony; the walls are decorated with a number of small photographs and two large murals.


Empty wine bottles lined the stairs leading upwards; I had to be careful not to dislodge any with my camera bag on my ascent up the staircase, not in the mood to be cleaning up broken glass. I also notice bottles of Italian Merlot adorn the nearby tables, no vino for me today though, while I would be happy sitting at the table for the afternoon overlooking the comings and goings of the nearby establishments.


I needed to be alert to study for an upcoming university test. I had a late lunch, arriving after one thirty to an empty restaurant, the afternoon was hot, stifling hot and the waitress quickly turned a number of fans on me immediately providing respite from the hot and humid conditions.

Ordering a fourteen inch pizza, I devoured the pizza in silence regretting the fact I had failed to bring my reference book and notes with me. Had I been better prepared I could have studied my notes overlooking the laneway below.

Instead I made a dent in bottle a of Merlot concentrating less on management problems slipping into planning my 2014 Italian trip and return to Naples. I left this wonderful establishment feeling contented; not only did I eat well but I enjoyed the ambiance alone, a time of reflection spent alone but definitely not lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment