Pages

Monday 12 August 2013

Philippine Airlines just doesn't get it

With much annoyance, I finally received a reply from Philippine Airlines; it was however woefully inadequate. Philippine Airlines seeks to distance itself from the systematic issue of security breaches; I had not expected such a weak response from Philippine Airlines, not willing to accept responsibility for such a serious issue, furthermore, it appears Philippine Airlines management is trying to cover up a serious security issue.


In their letter, they have insinuated that I am basically dishonest and making a claim purely for monetary gain. I have made no such claim for the items stolen by Philippine Airlines staff whilst in the custody of Philippine Airlines.

My question relates not to the stolen items but the process that allowed my and other people's baggage to be rifled through by Philippine Airlines staff. I highlighted the fact that the baggage had been tampered with and items are missing.

I want answers and I am not receiving answers, not even an acknowledgement from the Philippines Civil Aviation Authority that my complaint has been received; no wonder Philippine Airlines does as it wishes.

If security is at such a state that employees are frisked between each flight, what does that say about the organisation, employees, processes and management? The items were missing and the baggage had been tampered with, that is fact but they have no idea where and how.

What really irks me is the letter is the hope that I will fly with Philippine Airlines in the future; a monetary gain I might add for Philippine Airlines.

I have raised the issue of security at Philippine Airlines and they have failed to respond correctly to my complaint, the professionalism of Philippine Airlines is in doubt and Philippine Airlines has failed to address the issue and act in a responsible manner to a client of the organisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment