Pages

Thursday 12 March 2020

Working in a positive team environment

I had had worked so long in a toxic work environment that I almost forgot what it was like to work in a high performance team environment. I can honestly say, I didn't want to work there another day.


First you have to create an inclusive working environment, people must be free to offer opinions without ridicule or negativity. You have to support your team-mates and you need to have confidence that they will support you.

In private enterprise we share a common goal, we support each other to achieve that goal. In the public sector the culture is vastly different, people will use whatever underhand methods they can to take credit for other people's work.

Now I work in a positive culture I want to go to work, I want to perform so I can add value to the team. A positive culture creates opportunities, it makes people want to perform and we want to support each other and our successes are team successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment