Pages

Tuesday 31 March 2020

No shutdown for me just yet

There is no shut down for me yet, we are one of the areas required to stay open and I am ok with that. Within our office, the complaining is incredible, I wished the volume control on my computer was working so I can drown out the whining by putting on headphones - my attitude is just get on with it.


At this point, it is all about personal leadership so I clean my own desk with disinfectant that I brought in from home, I clean the desks of the guys close to me and then I move to the tutorial room I am using. My employer states there is hand sanitiser for people to use - there isn't.

The storeman is playing around mixing methylated spirits with moisturiser for hand sanitiser, this isn't a winning formula but at least he is giving it a crack. Due to poor planning, we did not order hand sanitiser when we should of, the people responsible for ordering felt we didn't need any more - difficult to fathom. 

Despite what they publish, there is no extra cleaning of areas like hand-rails, door handles or anything. I clean the students desks for them as I noticed in the mornings, if they left their books on the desks the night before, they were unmoved. I clean the door handles, light switch and fan control every morning with spray cleaner.

Our managers are making an artform of social distancing, none to be seen in any areas where they could come into contact with the public. We already have guys with the flu in the office walking around infecting others, that weakens our personal immunity. 

They walk around the office coughing without placing their hands over their mouth and they thought this was all bullshit at the start, they were parroting that Scomo is using this as a reason to cover up the bushfires. Now they have reversed their views abruptly, are all saying we should be in lock-down but are not practicing social distancing themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment