Pages

Tuesday 3 March 2020

Running on empty

I had heard this song on the radio so many times, yet at the end of the song when they announced the artist and song title had always escaped me. I am talking about a number of years of this artist and title alluding me - I reckon about 5 or so years.


Then when I was working out at the Telfer gold mine, I guess around 1990 or 1991, I finally heard the details I had been seeking for years, the artist was Jackson Browne singing Running on Empty.

I was overjoyed, on my next trip to Perth I was able to wander in a music store and purchase the album of the same name. This began my long association with the easy listening nature of Jackson Browne.

Over the years, I have purchased multiple Jackson Browne albums, I have seen him play live a number of times and it was great. One was an outdoor concert at King's Park and I had to make a 1000 kilometer trip to get there - totally worth it.

I really relate to the storytelling and Jackson Browne can do this with his melodies and songwriter skills. When I had the album for this single song, now I really enjoy the whole album and the narrative Jackson sells.

No comments:

Post a Comment