Pages

Saturday 7 March 2020

My best ever job

I worked on a dive charter boat in my late 20s and into my early 30s in the Mediterranean Sea, this was possibly the best job I ever had.


I had become sick of working hard all my life away from home for extended periods of time, sure the money was good, but the lifestyle was horrible. So I decided to change industries and I don't regret for a second the decisions I made.

I was also working in a dive shop in Perth, this was a pretty decent job even if it wasn't as exotic as working in Turkey. Sure, you have to earn the right to work in a low paid job in the hospitality and tourism industry.

In my mind, you need to be financially secure, without funds to support yourself you are fairly vulnerable, but I understand plenty don't. But if you are out enjoying yourself and have the funds, I believe enjoying life because life really is fleeting and we only get one shot at it.

So I had a mid-life break from working in a high-paid job with low quality of life to enjoy myself in my late 20s to my mid 30s. The job was low-paid but rewarding and I really had the time of my life.

I was young and fit enough to enjoy the travel and the budget accommodation before reentering the workforce again for full financial benefits. I have rebuilt my finances and planned for my retirement, now I need to see out the next decade before I can reset and do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment