Pages

Saturday 21 March 2020

Waiting for push back

Sitting on the flight waiting for the doors to close, cross-checks performed and push-back to occur is one of the many times I gain ideas, I am ready to write as I busily tap away on the screen of my tablet.


There are plenty of typing and grammatical mistakes but I don't mind, the purpose is to get as much of the story laid on the screen before my mind begins to tire. Besides, a touch screen is going to cause you problems, but the editing phase can iron out those faults later.

I once had to undertake a creative writing session during a professional development day. I was looking forward to that session but it turned out to be a session to write about anything that came into our mind. I was hoping for creative writing strategies, now I will need to seek other methods to gain this knowledge.

However, this is far from my mind at the moment, the cabin is hot, really hot and the Captain has come over the intercom to explain why this is so. Despite wearing a thin long sleeved shirt, I am sweating and concentration is difficult, let's get this aircraft cranked up and this show on the road as we are all feeling uncomfortable.

The Captain informs the tail turbine running the electrics and air-conditioning failed just as the aircraft touched down in Perth at midday, it is now close to midnight and the problem is not yet resolved, I call bullshit, this wouldn't have just happened.

This is not the fault of the maintenance crews in Perth, we all know South African Airways is poorly managed and on the brink of insolvency so no work order would have been released.

Seven CEOs in four years is pretty indicative of a structural failure of the SAA organisation, it is clear that maintenance is being neglected in order to cut costs - I have seen this all before.

No comments:

Post a Comment