Pages

Thursday 5 September 2019

The Vacheron Constantin Overseas Automatic

I love the works of art that the luxury watch market produces, one such manufacturer is Vacheron Constantin, one of the three manufacturers forming the holy trinity of haute horology.


The first Vacheron Constantin watch I viewed really wasn't a design I thought much about, I found the bezel distracting as the shape clashes with my sense of style. That being said, I am more utilitarian than most so tend to under appreciate styles that many consider notable.

The 2016 release of the Overseas Automatic features a redesign with the Arabic numerals at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 positions replaced with baton index markers. The date window has been moved from just above the four index to the 3 o'clock position and hands receiving a finer finish. Viewing these timepieces in person, the Vacheron Constantin is a fine timepiece but not one I will be lusting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment