Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2018

The beg-packing epidemic hitting South East Asia

I find it distasteful, we have entitled young millennials from rich western countries who are begging on the streets of South East Asia expecting others to pay for their life experiences. These flogs set up GoFundMe pages so supposed rich idiots can pay for their alcohol abuse, drug taking and general laziness. That's why I pay taxes, so I, as part of the working community can pay for their lifestyle and support their petty indulgences.


Clearly these self-indulgence arseholes expect either other tourists to pay for their university gap years or fund their frivolous lives or alternately they expect the residents of these impoverished countries they visit to kick in for their travel. These are the same inhabitants living in poverty attempting to scratch out a living where no or limited social security or safety nets exist.

They can utilise their expensive smartphone to take pictures to sell as postcards or maybe play their  musical instruments and expensive sound equipment to entertain crowds. I have no issue with backpackers who work hard to save funds to travel the region. I have backpacked myself and understand the requirements of juggling a career, paying the bills before I go, paying the bills at home while I am away as I still run a household and pay my tax.

Maybe these loafers need to gain a little perspective and not expect everyone to pay their way and learn to look after themselves. The upside is maybe they move out of their parents house so they reduce the burden on them so they can plan their own retirement and travel. Just don't expect other people to pay for their travels and especially don't beg from poor people struggling to feed their families.

No comments:

Post a Comment