Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

Adelaide trams

I got to use some of the public transport whilst in Adelaide including some buses and the tram. Unfortunately I missed using the heavy rail as the line was out where I needed to travel for long term maintenance. Fortunately, I found the tram to be an excellent service that is a really cost efficient mode of travel.


Adelaide only has a single tram line running from the Adelaide Entertainment Centre, through the CBD, that's the central business district or downtown to Americans to the beachside suburb of Glenelg. This is simple tram line, one can't really call it a network but it is highly effective and I was pretty impressed with its patronage. If you stay within the confines of the CBD then travel is free, you can't get any more cost effective than that. I would hope in the future they would look into an east/west service to complement the excellent north/south service running now.

No comments:

Post a Comment