Pages

Tuesday 27 March 2018

No style - no boundaries

On a pre-Christmas holiday flight from Perth to Denpasar, a flight I always dread owing to the clientele this flight attracts, I was once again left dismayed. Poking through my armrest and into my seat area was the bare foot and painted toenails of the person behind me.


Unbelievable, do people have no boundaries? Firstly, this is an armrest on my seat, the foot rest resides at the lower section of the seat in their space. So rubbing against my elbow was the foot of a thoroughly disgusting individual, needless to say I jammed my elbow back yet they refused to withdraw their foot. I tried to jam a book in there to form a barrier but it wouldn't stay there.

I couldn't raise the armrest as it was fixed and they didn't get the hint. I couldn't recline the seat either or I would have considered thrusting that back in a forceful manner so they jam their legs in the space and hopefully learn their lesson. Maybe I might take my shoes off and sit them on their armrest, so this how air rage starts?

Even with my headphones on I was unable to drown out their accent of their German language they decided to project across the cabin at maximum volume. Not that I have anything against Germans - just keep the decibels to normal speaking volume - this is how backpackers get a terrible reputation. These budget flights space their seats in a very close proximity so they are able to squeeze more passengers in so space is at a premium.

I am ok with this, I like cheap flights to a holiday destination as much as anyone and understand a critical mass of people reduces costs for everybody - great stuff. However, this isn't a license to act in an anti-social manner, show some respect for other people in the cabin you self-centred arseholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment