Pages

Thursday 8 March 2018

Now I'm a union representative

So following an election, I am now the union representative. Well, it wasn't much of an election, I was nominated and nobody else put their hand up. It wasn't the old cliché where they asked all volunteers to step forward with everyone taking a step backwards leaving me standing all exposed - I really wanted to take on the role.


I am taking this role very seriously, the quality of life of union members is at stake. For some, this is their only support they receive; they have families to feed, rent or mortgage payments, school fees and then there is their life they should be leading. I am no stranger to the actions and tactics undertaken by senior management; or should I say, the lack of action by the very department entrusted to serve the needs of employees.

These are hard working and dedicated people driven to provide the highest standard of service to their clients, if only the senior management showed the same level of dedication there would be little issues. I am looking forward to this challenge and serve the people who provide the great service we require to our clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment