Pages

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Singapore Airlines charges

I have at times been critical of Singapore Airlines and their dogmatic approach to customer relations, this time I can commend them on their processes.


I had to rebook a flight due to surgery on the day of the flight and I was unable to complete the process through their webpage so instead I rang their booking office. I was able to rebook after a number of attempts and they were to charge me a $200 rebooking fee on a $1000 ticket - I was outraged. I had to give my credit card details over the phone and they were to charge my account, the consultant never referred the matter to a manager for consideration.

I immediately contacted customer service via email once again explaining as a long time customer who has taken well in excess of 50 flights over 10 year period and have never missed a flight or rebooked. Due to the extenuating circumstances, I had to accept surgery on that day after a long wait. I scanned my confidential medical records and attached to the request. To their credit they took action and refunded my extra charges and I'm happy with how they responded and handled my claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment