Pages

Thursday 23 March 2017

Hanging at the Greenbelt shopping complex

When I'm in Manila, I generally stay in the business district of Makati. I usually hang out at Greenbelt shopping complex during both the day and evenings when I'm not doing all that much, this is a high end entertainment precinct catering to high earning locals, expats and international tourists.


I have seen the shopping centre grow over the years; Greenbelt 1, 2 and 3 had already been constructed when I started vising the Philippines after a long absence of more than ten years. They were in the process of constructing Greenbelt 4 when I started staying at a hotel over the road and Greenbelt 5 completed the project.

I am told the restaurants are world class, they are certainly popular with well heeled locals, a Friday night sees plenty of suits heading out straight from the office. For me, the restaurants are the reason to be there, Friday nights are my favorite, the atmosphere is vibrant, there are no issues regarding safety - I'm looking forward to the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment