Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

Just a small detail

I was early to the Jetstar check-in desk and boy was I glad. Such a small detail now threatened to derail my impending overseas holiday. My full name is Jeffrey yet I filled out my online booking with a shortened version of my name, now those three extra letters could cause a serious issue, it can be repaired at a cost.


I thought back and how I could make such a fundamental mistake, I never normally mess up like this, then it suddenly became clear. My browser of choice is Google Chrome and auto-complete drives me mad sometimes, so auto-complete shortened my name and I didn't pick it up completing the online form. Maybe it is time to only book online with the Mozilla browser. I should know this as I usually type over the auto-complete function and cancel it out - but not this time. Fortunately, the Jetstar staff member explained to me the implications and agreed to waive the charges, my holiday was back on track and no unnecessary credit card charges.

No comments:

Post a Comment