Pages

Saturday 7 January 2017

The Omega Planet Ocean 600 metre dive watch

Recently browsing through the duty-free shops at Perth International Airport, I wandered over to see their Omega wrist watch collection only to find to my utter surprise that they were running a limited Christmas special on selected Seamaster Omega Planet Ocean dive watches.


I couldn't believe it, the top of the range Planet Ocean was now priced cheaper than the next watch down in their range, the Seamaster Diver 300 as they weren't discounted.

I have to say I was tempted, my credit card was only $100 in debit and I had no major bills pending. I see myself as not a materialistic person, I own my property outright and the property is modest.

I drive a sixteen year old Toyota RAV4 2-door that recently had the roof and side panels repainted and whilst I save for and purchase reasonably good quality clothing, I avoid over-priced designer wear instead opting for quality yet I was pretty close to having a more expensive watch than the car I drive.

Had they had the style I was seeking, I may have pushed the limits of my spending limit. From my experiences being previously employed in the mining industry, it is normally the people that cannot afford the luxury items that tend to purchase them - I would fall into that bracket.

I ask myself what attracts me to quality Swiss timepieces and I'm unable to properly answer that question.

So place me in front of high quality timepieces - I lose all perspective. I just love both the engineering and style of Swiss watches and see a object of beauty in an Omega, Breitling, IWC, Rado, Longines, Tag Heuer, Fredrich Constance, Jaeger LeCoulter, Rolex and Girard Perregaux.

I don't have the funds to collect such exquisite timepieces but given the opportunity I do like to admire these from a distance.

I don't see myself as a materialistic person but the evidence would indicate otherwise. I decided not to put a sizable bill on my credit card declining this offer despite the fact that I received a reasonable tax return that I could have shifted onto my credit card to pay for this watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment