Pages

Tuesday 15 October 2019

Toby's Estate - Ortigas

I was meeting a friend in Ortigas for lunch whilst she was at work and we headed off to Toby's Estate, I was impressed. This was a great little cafe, this was a great place to hang for a few hours.


This is an excellent coffee house in an up and coming business district, this is a great place for lunch and not just a coffee. This place gets a little busy during the lunch time rush period, but you can never complain about a business that is pushing big numbers through and still looking after their customers.

I had never heard of Toby's Estate before and then I told this was an Australian chain of coffee houses. I thought they must be big on the East coast of Australia because I hadn't seen any on the West coast until I wandered into the domestic terminal.

For a lot of these East coast businesses, they view the West coast as the wild west and they tend to display a little fear with expansion beyond the higher populated states New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria on the eastern seaboard.

I thought it was an unusual growth strategy, normally a business pursues a domestic strategy before embarking on international growth but I'm pretty happy the have. So some research was in order, I can't just rely on what I am told and I found out Toby's Estate Coffee Roasters is a Brooklyn based chain - I'm glad I took the time to verify. 

No comments:

Post a Comment