Pages

Tuesday 2 April 2019

Vasse Felix Classic Dry White

What I liked about the naming of some Western Australian wines is their understated style. The Classic Dry White from Vasse Felix is a great example of a great drinking now style - no need to cellar.


The Semillon Sauvignon Blanc is a summer blend with a basic 60/40 Semillon/Sauvignon Blanc that is light straw in colour, this light style is great value drink is priced slightly under $20 per bottle.

The zesty citrus and passionfruit flavours are layered over an initial dryness tapering off to a slightly sweet finish. This wine is drinking now and I wouldn't be cellaring more than 48 hours.

For me, this is a fantastic drink on a hot afternoon, I can't ever recall drinking this wine any later than daylight hours - this is summer. The screw cap is convenient, corks are out so I don't even require a bottle opener anymore so this is a great drink for on the boat or out in the backyard.

No comments:

Post a Comment