Pages

Tuesday 16 April 2019

Becoming a barista

I am looking forward to retirement, I want to give it away and work part-time, volunteer more and maybe undertake some more study. Naturally, my ROI will be zero so I will have to choose a subject that will challenge me intellectually.


Maybe this is the time to undertake an arts degree, critical thinking, philosophy or creative writing. I used to ugh at some of the university degrees but may find myself at least taking some units. What I know it won't be is business or engineering.

I could take up painting or woodworking; forget metalwork, I did that to earn a paycheck. I think I may take up some part-time work st Bunnings (a national hardware store) as I have seen plenty of old guys working there, I guess to supplement their pension or self-funded retirement account and keep active.

I am considering a similar pathway, when you are semi-retired you don't feel the stress of the job, you are providing advice and serving customers. You work part-time and just learn your job tasks making a small income to ease the burden on your finances.

I'm even thinking of becoming a barista, there is an art to coffee, you can be a little creative and I can talk coffee to interested people. Really, all I need to do is keep myself busy during the day, a challenge is required and a little income is always helpful. I am warming more to becoming a barista the more I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment