Pages

Saturday 2 March 2019

A stalled career

What happens when a career stalls? Many people have been that predicament so they are faced with two basic choices - stay put or move.


I don't have that choice at the moment, my career has stalled and a move back to the private sector isn't a real option. I still have a job so I am in a better position than most people so I can't complain.

But I want to progress and that isn't happening for me right now, the group of people who don't actually have the authority to hold power are doing a fantastic job of holding the power. The problem for them is we have an audit trail and their impropriety can be uncovered.

Reviving a stalled career can be achieved by uncovering impropriety, dishonesty and corruption. This doesn't make you popular and you aren't going to be nominated for any awards; but when you are dealing with public funds, your loyalty is not covering up co-worker's indiscretions but defending the public interest.

I thought I wouldn't be changing employers, so I had to not only expose corruption but I have to ensure I maximise my role in uncovering corruption to revive my stalled career. Changing careers is actually easier than moving forward in the government, especially moving back to private enterprise.

How is this so? They know that I have uncovered their impropriety, the rest of the team are oblivious as to what is happening. They don't fully understand the training process from funding, allocation of funds, resulting, personnel management, training design and training reporting. They are being bribed with preferential treatment and a status they haven't earned or deserved.

They have reduced duties, less stress, increased remuneration and promotions beyond what they could have ever expected. They are supportive of such actions as it is in their own personal interests but they need to overcome their own personal interests and think of the interests of the students in their care and the people who fund their employment.

No comments:

Post a Comment