Pages

Thursday 14 March 2019

Vasse Felix Filius Chardonnay

I have been a fan of Vasse Felix chardonnay for a long time now, so when I saw the Filius range sitting in the refrigerator at my local bottle shop - I was always going to make the sale.


I was disappointed, yes, I am aware this was in a cheaper price range with filius apparently translating to son of their premier brands. Based on a fruit driven style, the Filius chardonnay still has oak but it is much more subdued than their premier or icon brands.

The wine has a pale straw appearance with green tinges, the palete has citrus notes with peach overtones and soft oak as is now favoured by contemporary consumers. For me, it isn't to my tastes as I prefer old style wooded chardonnay with much deeper fruit and I will instead seek their premier range in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment