Pages

Tuesday 26 February 2019

Smoking in public

Smokers are arrogant, they only care about their personal satisfaction and hold everybody else's well-being in contempt. This is a well known and established fact; I am glad I live in Australia where the rights of non-smokers are now no longer infringed upon by smokers.


Increase nicotine taxes, price smoking out of the realm of most budgets, significantly  increase the cost of insurance, limit areas where smoking is allowed including open air venues and locations and prevent smoking during work hours. Why do the smokers get to take off and take a smoke every hour when everyone else has to keep working? This must include only allowing smoking during allocated times - no excuses.

I am constantly appalled at the behaviour of smokers and the need for anti-smoking rules. On my trips to South-East Asia where pretty much no rules exist out of the major centres, I come to understand why such anti-smoking rules apply. When in bars and restaurants people just light up and blow smoke all over you, I have to go home and take a shower and change my clothes as the stench of cigarette smoke leached into everything.

Then there is the health issues, you choose to poison yourself; that's fine, but as a smoker with with a smoking related illness you should be made to pay a significant premium for health, that includes public health services that prevents non-smokers from the poisons they exhale. What gives you the right to blow your cancer causing smoke all over me - fuck you.

No comments:

Post a Comment