Pages

Thursday 14 February 2019

A nasty downpour

I was in the town of Wurzburg and got caught in a nasty downpour; well, that isn't exactly true, I missed a huge downpour by ducking into a bar and only got a little wet. The bar, as I found out was named Mozart and had a pretty cool ambiance. I scanned for WiFi and saw their connection was named 2Girls 1Router - not bad.


As I was in Germany, a local pilsener was the best choice; after pouring and allowing time to settle, a Tucher was placed in front of me. The staff peered out from behind the bar to look at the rain when their glances turned more wide-eyed. The awning at the front was caught in a wind vortex and lifting up, their concern no doubt was it would be torn off.

After I had paid my bill and left the bar, I noticed the damage caused. Tree branches were torn off, local businesses had furniture strewn around, rubbish was everywhere. As it turns out, my little side trip to the bar was well worthwhile, I missed the downpour, being hit by flying debris and I enjoyed my brief stay at Mozart bar in Wurzburg.

No comments:

Post a Comment