Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2019

Hay Shed Hill - 2013 Block 6 chardonnay

Awarded 96 points by James Halliday, this excellent chardonnay is described as exhibiting white peach, nectarine and fig fruit with creamy cashew notes balanced with vibrant crisp firm acidity.


Hay Shed Hill is one of my favourite wineries in Western Australia's Margaret River wine region on the South West coast - it's a great place to visit. When I have a break coming up and I am back in Western Australia, I will be heading down south to try out some wines.

So now I have read the tasting notes, what do I actually taste as a wine novice? Bright straw green in colour; the powerful palette indicates a fruit intensity of grapefruit and pear balanced with very fine oak overtones and a tight acidity.

In early 2017 I have drank the last of my 2013 vintage supply and I have been unable to locate any further Block 6 to replenish my cellar - totally bummed. But there is always next year's vintage, I can always stock up with that.

As it is summer in the southern hemisphere, I sail on the weekends and I don't have the weekends free for the three-hour drive from Perth to Margaret River to visit a few wineries. I could just ring up the winery and get them to mail me a case with a dozen bottles - maybe time to get organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment