Pages

Tuesday 11 September 2018

The Longines 2018 HydroConquest

I love following watches and Longines is a favourite mid-range timepiece that has sparked my interest. They are a solid timepiece, reasonably priced, have plenty of history and have plenty of support through a large distribution network.


I was looking to purchase a HydroConquest about two years back, I like the watch but I thought something was lacking, I stayed true to Longines and purchased a Conquest. Similar to the Conquest, the band with triple lock clasp is great. I like the dial more than the Conquest with the nine numeral added. But I knew in a year or two a ceramic bezel model would come on the market and I would be unhappy with the model I had. That time is now and had I purchased a HydroConquest then, I would be unhappy now.

Like the previous model, 41 mm stainless steel case has a screw-down case-back and screw-in crown maintaining the 300 metre water resistance rating. The crown guard is pretty distinctive for me as with most Longines sports watches. Like most high quality sports watches, the scratch resistant sapphire crystal has layers of anti-reflective coatings to reduce glare.

The L888 automatic movement is the ETA 2892-2 powerplant operating at 25,200 vibrations per hour with a respectable 64 power reserve. For me, the most distinctive feature is the new ceramic bezel, whilst a new feature for the HydroConquest range, it is welcomed. The ceramic bezel is highly scratch resistant, doesn't lose its colour and is reasonably hard. Why Longines waited so long? I don't know but I'm glad they have upgraded the HydroConquest and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment