Pages

Thursday 27 September 2018

Is gin making a comeback?

I like gin, I have been a gin drinker for a long time, but to be honest, I don't drink a lot of gin. Yet I am still going to reach for a gin based drink given the opportunity. Is gin making a comeback? I certainly hope so.


What I am noticing in Perth at least is gin bars are popular again. One of the more famous movie lines was Humphrey Bogart playing Rick Blaine was "of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world and she walks into mine" in the Warner Bros classic Casablanca. Despite the excellent gin options available, I'm not much into cocktails and prefer just a gin and tonic, a fairly ordinary choice really. With winter coming to an end, the days are getting sunny again so it is time to head out for a little sunshine - roll on summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment