Pages

Tuesday 25 September 2018

Retiring overseas

With now just a little over ten years left until I can officially retire on my self managed superannuation fund, I know living in Australia full time is going to be way too expensive. I have friends living overseas throughout South East Asia and although I don't want to limit myself to Asia, I view their circumstances with interest.


I enjoy summer in Perth so I fully intend to spend the summer months in Australia, that does increase my costs as I have to maintain a residence in Australia for a whole year whilst also paying for accommodation overseas. That being said, I am looking to travel whilst still active, as I age my mobility is expected to decline somewhat so I need to retire earlier rather than later.

So at age 60, I should still be fit enough to travel on a budget as there is still so much I want to see and do and require a relatively active body to enjoy such a retirement lifestyle. I am really looking forward to retiring and starting the next phase of my life.

What's the point of working right up until you are too old to enjoy it. I understand the need for belonging and working purely for the enjoyment of achievement. However, I am more than willing to forgo future some income for lifestyle, you have to enjoy life now and not look too far into the future but still follow a solid plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment