Pages

Thursday 13 September 2018

A 2015 Upper Reach Tempranillo

Staying home on a Saturday night, I decided to crack the top on a 2015 Upper Reach Tempranillo and I was pretty happy I did. These days you can't pop a cork, but you can certainly crack a screw top.


I am a pretty big fan of Upper Reach so I'm pretty confident bringing a bottle home from their Swan Valley winery. Not that it is an issue as cellar door sales includes tasting so you already know what you are getting. Checking the Upper Reach tasting notes, they tell us this has perfumed notes of cherry, berry and a hint of tomato leaf.

To be honest, I have no idea what this means as I can't say I have ever eaten tomato leaf, but what I do know that this turned out to be a reasonable drop. Tempranillo is a Spanish style well suited to Western Australian, namely Swan Valley conditions as a lighter to medium bodied style wine - I like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment