Pages

Tuesday 3 July 2018

Banning single use plastic bags

The state government in Western Australia has banned single use plastic bags with the law coming into effect on July first. Already retailers have begun phasing out single use plastic bags and reusable plastic bags are on sale if you forget to bring your shopping bags with you. This is a positive initiative and I fully support the state government on their decision.


Whilst it is an inconvenience for me as I live in a small household not producing much waste, we used the plastic bags as rubbish bags never filling our bin up anyway. Now I will have to go out and purchase plastic bags as rubbish bags, that being said, I understand the devastating effect single use plastic bags has on the environment and the need for such laws.

Next I believe the state government is going to ban plastic drinking straws and at a local government level helium filled balloons have also been banned as these rise away and end up as rubbish - more good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment