Pages

Tuesday 23 March 2021

The Longines VHP Conquest

I am really interested in the Conquest range of sports watches, this is a long running range I had always thought the quartz watch movement was high precision; well that is compared to mechanical movements anyway.
The VHP allows ± of five seconds per year, less than half a second per month. A really interesting feature of the VHP is the gear position detection system allowing the hands to automatically resync if they are displaced by an impact or by a magnetic field.

I have nothing against quartz movements, I have owned both hand wound, automatic and quartz movements. There is certainly the convenience of quartz, you can take your watch off without resetting. Sure, there is a power reserve on many automatic watches of 38 hours but that doesn't beat the ease of quartz movements.

Whilst I am not in the market for a quartz movement right now, the Longines Conquest VHP is certainly a watch I would look at for a rugged yet stylish sports watch. The case and bracelet are unmistakably from the Conquest range and I believe Longines offers excellent value in their category.

No comments:

Post a Comment