Pages

Thursday 11 March 2021

Jollibee and The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

It was a sad day a year ago I learned Jollibee purchased the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, this horrible fast food company taking control of one of my favourite coffee chains - surely, it can't get any worse.


Jollibee is a fastfood chain from the Philippines, Filipinos love the chain, they all head off to Jollibee and eat this sub-standard fast food that they dish up. It isn't much to get excited about, I try to avoid their outlets at all costs.

The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf on the other hand is an excellent chain serving decent coffee, cake and food. My concern is the Jollibee management want to get in and mess around with the concept, marketing, product or service in a vain attempt to display their leadership and make changes for all the wrong purposes.

If they leave it alone then great, I care little about the ownership of the business in that regard or where the profits go. This is a good business, they have a premium product, a certain ambience, a loyal customer base and a quality consumer experience - I hope they don't mess with a successful business model.

No comments:

Post a Comment