Pages

Saturday 9 January 2021

NAB Qantas American Express Platinum

As a longtime NAB customer I held a Visa® card with the bank, I was then informed by the bank that I would be sent a Platinum Qantas American Express card linked to my existing Visa® account.


I preferred using the Amex® card as the benefits and protections were better and I guessed this would improve the acceptance of the card with merchants who had previously avoided American Express®.

I am a little annoyed as I had previously held an American Express® card but cancelled it when I received this credit card. This was really forced upon me, I had no choice in the matter, I am annoyed about how I am being manipulated.

As I frequently travel overseas I want multiple cards as I once faced the prospect of being stuck without cash after my card was locked for suspicious international transactions.

Those were my transactions, I appreciated the protection the bank offered but making an overseas phone call to reactivate my card when I pretty much was out of all cash turned out to be more difficult than anticipated.

Luckily, in modern times all that is required with electronic banking is online access to my account and I can nominate the country and the time transactions will take place.

Still, I like to have multiple credit cards so if one is lost, stolen or locked, I have access to funds. I keep the credit cards separated so if I am robbed, card is lost or the card damaged so I still have access to funds.

My spare card is kept with my passport in a secure location as a back up. There used to be American Express® offices located in major international cities where a cash advance could be organised.

To the best of my knowledge those Amex offices are mostly closed, I certainly don't see them around anymore. In these modern times, cards pretty much work anywhere and you have the ability to withdraw cash anywhere and anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment