Pages

Tuesday 5 January 2021

Lang & Heyne

I have an interest in watchmaking and I am moving past Swiss watchmakers instead looking to German horology for inspiration.


A German watchmaker gaining my interest at the moment is Lang & Heyne. Based in Dresden, the elegant yet simple designs of Lang & Heyne have garnered my interest. This small boutique manufacturer is producing some excellent timepieces in low quantities.

So, what makes Lang & Heyne interesting for me is their rectangular collection, the Georg is a fine example of an elegant dress watch. The white enamel dial with a circular seconds sub-dial is perfect. The blued lancet hands match with the art-deco numerals, very cool.

They portray a certain style, the Anton is a pretty decent style that for me is timeless. The hand-wound skelatonised tourbillon is outstanding. A 55 hour power reserve gives it plenty of kick. Add a platinum case, rose gold lancet hands contrasting with the exposed tourbillon movement, a nice piece of engineering.

No comments:

Post a Comment