Pages

Thursday 30 January 2020

The Tissot Visodate

The latest incarnation of the Tissot heritage range is the Visodate based on the 1950s version of the timepiece. For my tastes, this is a pretty elegant timepiece that isn't over complicated or over-powering.
I received my father's old Omega Chronostop and had the movement replaced for him. He wouldn't accept it after I had the watch repaired so I decided on the next best option, I purchased him an old style timepiece that would suit him.

The Visodate with the silver dial is best suited to my tastes, the 40 mm diameter isn't too large for a dress watch, the 11.6 mm thickness allows the watch to slip under a shirt sleeve. I think the older style logo really adds substance to the dial with the silver dial well suited to the brown leather strap. 

The Visodate was based on an innovation connected to the date function of an automatic movement. The ETA 2836-2 automatic movement has a fairly standard power reserve of 38 hours. The sapphire crystal display caseback allows viewing of the automatic movement, naturally the domed dial crystal is sapphire.  

Generally speaking I don't like the date function on watches, on this occasion I really love the day function as it adds to the dial. The indexes add simplicity to the dial allowing for the day/date windows to not over-power the dial along with minimal writing on the dial where some watch manufacturers seem to overdo it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment