Pages

Saturday 18 January 2020

I can't be fired

One of the advantages of being accused of reporting corruption in the public sector is I have a job for life. I can't be fired, you can't fire a whistleblower - it's that simple.


What they can and have done is scuttled my career at the college, I will now never be promoted at any point - there will always be a reason or excuse not to. But, I can roll with that and play the long game as this is all strategy now.

I can cause maximum disruption and they can't do anything as long as my claim has merit and is not seen purely as vexatious. This is a pretty simple transaction as ethics and integrity isn't standard practice at this organisation.

Instead, I maintain my employment at the college and take leave without pay as I wish to engage in consulting work. I win again - thank you idiots. I can now engage in high paid international consultancy work and return to paid employment at the college between projects.

If the college doesn't like it then we can always head off to the Industrial Magistrate's Court and let the Magistrate make a ruling. This would be a poor option for the college as I have hard copies of all claims and correspondence, so I am able to substantiate all claims with hard evidence.

Naturally, as I live close to The West Australian newspaper owned by Seven West Media, the operator of the Channel Seven television network, we can let this play out in the media if they want to play rough.

As I would require certain college representatives to give evidence under oath, this would not only derail their careers. At least one individual faces up to two years imprisonment under the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2003 so they would be highly unlikely to expose him to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment